Friday, March 16, 2007

Snow, Hymns and Robin's Song

Yesterday, as I wrote about spring’s arrival, I knew that today’s forecast called for snow. Spring is like that. Snow today does not change the fact that the season we are all longing for is still, in fact, on its way. Early this morning as I started off on my walk in the sleet and drizzle, I noticed the neighborhood robins once again. Do you know what they were doing? They were singing! In the cold, grey dawn of a wet and snowy morning they were singing… as I had suspected they might be.

Immediately the words of a favorite hymn came to mind “No storm can shake that inmost calm, while to that Rock I’m clinging. Since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth, how can I keep from singing?” (How Can I Keep from Singing by Robert Lowery). I was reminded anew of God’s utmost faithfulness to us, His children, even in the midst of our sometimes hard and trying circumstances. And of our own need to trust Him and to sing and rejoice in His very presence with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

: ) I'm so glad spring is coming.